Are you looking for my favourite sportsperson essay in English? Let’s delve in together to learn about it today.
Sports are an essential part of our lives. They keep us healthy, active, and entertained. There are many kinds of sports, such as football, basketball, cricket, tennis, golf, and so on. Each sport has its own rules, skills, and challenges. Some people play sports for fun, for competition, and for a profession.
- 1 My Favourite Sportsperson Essay in English: MS Dhoni
- 2 My Favourite Sportsperson Essay: Cristiano Ronaldo
- 3 My Favourite Sportsman Sachin Tendulkar Essay in English
- 4 Essay on My Favourite Sportsperson Virat Kohli
- 5 My Favourite Sportsperson Esaay: Saina Nehwal
- 6 10 Lines on My Favourite Sportsperson
My Favourite Sportsperson Essay in English: MS Dhoni
If you are a cricket fan, you must have heard of MS Dhoni, the former captain of the Indian cricket team. He is one of the most successful and popular cricketers in the world. He has led India to many victories in various tournaments, such as the T20 World Cup in 2007, the ODI World Cup in 2011, and the Champions Trophy in 2013. He is also known for his calm and cool attitude, brilliant wicket-keeping skills, and explosive batting style.
In this essay, I will explain why MS Dhoni is my favorite sportsperson and what makes him an inspiration for me and millions of others.
Early Life and Career
MS Dhoni was born on 7 July 1981 in Ranchi, Jharkhand. His full name is Mahendra Singh Dhoni. His father, Pan Singh, was a junior manager at MECON, a public sector company. His mother, Devaki Devi, was a homemaker. He has an elder brother, Narendra Singh Dhoni, and a sister, Jayanti Gupta. Dhoni was interested in sports from a young age. He played football and badminton at the school and district level. He was also a good goalkeeper in football. His football coach suggested he try cricket as a wicketkeeper. Dhoni joined a local cricket club and soon impressed everyone with his talent.
Dhoni debuted in Ranji Trophy for Bihar in the 1999-2000 season. He scored a half-century in his first match. He continued performing well in domestic cricket and was selected for the India A team in 2003-04. He scored two centuries against the Pakistan A team and caught the attention of the national selectors. He made his international debut in ODI against Bangladesh in 2004. He did not score much in his first few matches but soon proved his worth with a blistering 148 against Pakistan in 2005. He became India’s regular wicket-keeper batsman and played his first Test match against Sri Lanka in 2005.
Achievements and Records
MS Dhoni has achieved many milestones and records in his illustrious career. He is the only captain to win all three major ICC trophies: T20 World Cup, ODI World Cup, and Champions Trophy. He is also the most successful captain in IPL history, leading Chennai Super Kings to four titles and eight finals. He is the most-capped player in IPL with 204 matches. He is also the highest run-scorer as a wicket-keeper batsman in ODIs with over 10,000 runs. He holds the record for the most stumpings (120) and catches (321) by a wicket-keeper in international cricket. He has also scored 16 international centuries and 108 fifties across all formats.
Some of his memorable innings include:
- The unbeaten 91* against Sri Lanka in the final of the 2011 World Cup, where he hit the winning six and lifted the trophy after 28 years.
- The unbeaten 183* against Sri Lanka in Jaipur in 2005, where he quickly smashed 15 fours and 10 sixes and chased down 299.
- The unbeaten 45* against South Africa in Colombo in 2007, where he hit a six off the last ball to win the match for India.
- The unbeaten 79* against Australia in Melbourne in 2012, where he guided India to a thrilling victory with two sixes in the last over.
Personality and Legacy
MS Dhoni is a great cricketer and a great human being. He is humble, respectful, and generous. He is loved by his teammates, fans, and opponents alike. He is known for his calmness under pressure and his ability to efficiently handle difficult situations. He is also a master of finishing games with his trademark helicopter shot. He is a role model for many young cricketers who aspire to follow in his footsteps.
MS Dhoni announced his retirement from international cricket on 15 August 2020 through an Instagram post. He thanked his fans for their love and support throughout his journey. He also said he would continue playing for Chennai Super Kings in IPL. His retirement was an emotional moment for many cricket lovers who grew up watching him play. He will always be remembered as one of the greatest captains and players ever.
My Favourite Sportsperson Essay: Cristiano Ronaldo
If you ask me who is the most famous athlete in the world, I would say Cristiano Ronaldo without hesitation. He is a football superstar who plays for Juventus and Portugal’s national team. He is also my favourite sportsperson because of his excellent skills, achievements, and personality.
Why I Admire Cristiano Ronaldo
There are many reasons why I admire Cristiano Ronaldo as a sportsperson. Here are some of them:
He is a versatile player who can play in different positions and score goals with both feet and head. He is also swift, strong, and agile on the pitch.
He is a hardworking player who always trains hard and improves his game. He never gives up and always tries his best for his team.
He is a successful player who has won many trophies and awards. He has won five Ballon d’Or awards, the most prestigious individual award for a football player. He has also won many league titles, cups, and Champions League titles with his clubs. He is also the all-time top scorer for Portugal and the second-highest scorer in international football history.
He is a generous person who supports many charities and causes. He has donated money and equipment to hospitals, schools, and disaster victims. He has also helped many children and families in need through his foundation.
He is a role model for many people, especially young ones. He inspires them to follow their dreams and work hard to achieve them. He also teaches them to be respectful, humble, and grateful.
How I Follow Cristiano Ronaldo
I follow Cristiano Ronaldo’s career and life through various sources. Here are some of them:
I watch his matches on TV or online whenever I can. I cheer for him and his team and celebrate his goals and victories.
I read his news and interviews on websites and magazines. I learn more about his opinions, thoughts, and feelings.
I follow his social media accounts on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook. I like his posts and comments and see his photos and videos of his daily life.
I collect his merchandise and memorabilia, such as jerseys, posters, stickers, and cards. I display them in my room and show them to my friends.
Cristiano Ronaldo is my favourite sportsperson because he is a great football player and human being. He has achieved many things in his career and life that make me admire him. He also makes me happy and proud to be his fan.
My Favourite Sportsman Sachin Tendulkar Essay in English
Sachin Tendulkar is one of the greatest cricketers of all time. He is my favourite sportsman, and I admire his achievements, skills, and personality. He has inspired millions of people worldwide with his passion, dedication, and humility.
Early Life and Career
Sachin Tendulkar was born on 24 April 1973 in Mumbai, Maharashtra. He started playing cricket at 11 and made his debut for Mumbai in domestic cricket at the age of 15. He was selected for the Indian national team at 16 and played his first Test match against Pakistan in Karachi in 1989. He scored his first Test century at 17 against England at Old Trafford in 1990.
Achievements and Records
- Highest run-scorer in Test cricket, surpassing Brian Lara’s record of 11,953 runs in Mohali against Australia in 2008.
- First batsman to score a double century in ODI cricket, hitting 200 not out against South Africa in Gwalior in 2010.
- Only player to score 100 international centuries, achieving the milestone against Bangladesh in Dhaka in 2012.
- First player to play 200 Test matches, with his last game against West Indies at Wankhede Stadium in Mumbai in 2013.
Accolades and awards received by Sachin Tendulkar:
- ICC Cricketer of the Year in 2010.
- Bharat Ratna, India’s highest civilian honor, awarded in 2014.
- Inducted into the ICC Hall of Fame in 2019.
- Voted as the greatest ODI batsman of all time by Wisden in 2020
Style and Skills
Sachin Tendulkar was known for his elegant and graceful batting style. He had a perfect balance, a wide range of shots, and a keen eye for timing and placement. He could adapt to any situation, any pitch, and any bowler. He was equally proficient against pace and spin, against seam and swing, attack and defense. He was also a handy bowler who could bowl leg-spin, off-spin, or medium-pace as per the team’s need. He was also a brilliant fielder who could easily save runs or take catches.
Personality and Influence
Sachin Tendulkar was a great cricketer and a great human being. He was humble, respectful, and polite to everyone. He never let fame or success get to his head. He always acknowledged his fans, teammates, coaches, opponents, and umpires. He always played with a smile on his face and a spirit of sportsmanship. He always gave his best for his team and his country.
Sachin Tendulkar influenced many generations of cricketers and fans with his passion, dedication, and humility. He made cricket more popular and accessible to millions of people around the world. He inspired many youngsters to take up cricket as a career or hobby. He taught many lessons of life through his game.
Sachin Tendulkar is my favourite sportsman because he is a legend of cricket and a role model for me. He has given me many moments of joy and pride with his batting. He has taught me to pursue my dreams with hard work and perseverance. He has shown me how to be humble and respectful to everyone. He is not just a cricketer but a phenomenon I will always cherish.
Essay on My Favourite Sportsperson Virat Kohli
Virat Kohli is one of the world’s most popular and successful cricketers. He is the former captain of the Indian national team and the current captain of Royal Challengers Bangalore in the Indian Premier League (IPL). He is widely regarded as one of the greatest batsmen of all time. He has broken many records in international cricket. He is also known for his aggressive and passionate style of playing and leading.
Early Life and Career
Virat Kohli was born on 5 November 1988 in New Delhi. He started playing cricket at nine and joined the West Delhi Cricket Academy. He made his debut for the Delhi Under-15 team in 2003 and soon became the team’s captain. He led India to win the Under-19 World Cup in 2008, scoring a century in the final against South Africa. He made his international debut for India in 2008 against Sri Lanka in an ODI match. He scored his first ODI century in 2009 against Sri Lanka in Kolkata.
Achievements and Records
Virat Kohli has achieved many milestones and set many records in his illustrious career. Some of his major achievements and records are:
- He is the only player to score 20,000 international runs in a decade (2010-2019).
- He is the fastest player to reach 10,000 and 12,000 runs in ODI cricket.
- He has scored the most centuries (46) and fifties (65) by an Indian player in ODI cricket.
- He has scored the most runs (4,008) and fifties (37) by any player in T20 international cricket.
- He has scored the most runs (7,062) and fifties (50) by any player in IPL history.
- He captained India to win the 2011 World Cup, the 2013 Champions Trophy, and the 2021 Test series against Australia.
He has won many awards and accolades, such as ICC Male Cricketer of the Decade (2020), ICC ODI Player of the Year (2012, 2017, 2018), ICC Test Player of the Year (2018), ICC T20I Player of the Year (2017), Wisden Leading Cricketer in the World (2016, 2017, 2018), Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award (2018), Padma Shri Award (2017), Arjuna Award (2013), etc.
Personal Life and Interests
Virat Kohli married Bollywood actress Anushka Sharma in 2017. They have a daughter named Vamika, who was born in 2021. Kohli is a devout Hindu and a vegetarian. He is also a fitness enthusiast and follows a strict diet and exercise regime. He is fond of tattoos and has several inks on his body. He is also involved in various social causes and charitable works, such as supporting animal welfare, child education, women empowerment, etc. His foundation is Virat Kohli Foundation, which aims to empower underprivileged children through sports and education. He is also a co-owner of FC Goa, a football club in the Indian Super League.
Virat Kohli is an inspiration for millions of people around the world. He is a role model for aspiring cricketers who want to achieve their dreams. He is a game legend who has made India proud with his skills and achievements. He is a true champion who never gives up and strives for excellence.
My Favourite Sportsperson Esaay: Saina Nehwal
Saina Nehwal is a badminton player from India who has made the country proud with her achievements and dedication. She inspires me and many other young people who aspire to excel in sports.
Why I Admire Saina Nehwal
There are many reasons why I admire Saina Nehwal. Here are some of them:
- She is a trailblazer in Indian badminton. She is the first Indian to win an Olympic medal, a World Championship medal, and a Super Series title in badminton. She is also the only Indian to have won at least one medal in every BWF major individual event.
- She is a fighter who never gives up. She has faced many challenges and injuries in her career. Still, she has always bounced back with determination and hard work. She has shown remarkable resilience and courage in overcoming adversity and achieving her goals.
- She is a humble and gracious person. She respects her opponents, coaches, and fans. She always acknowledges the support and guidance of her mentor Pullela Gopichand, who has been instrumental in shaping her career. She also contributes to social causes and charities, such as the Clean India campaign and the Pratham Education Foundation.
Saina Nehwal’s achievements
Saina Nehwal has a long list of achievements that showcase her talent and skill. Some of her most notable achievements are:
– She won the bronze medal at the London 2012 Olympics, becoming the first Indian woman to win an Olympic medal in badminton. She defeated Wang Xin of China in the bronze medal match after losing to Wang Yihan of China in the semi-finals.
– She won the silver medal at the Jakarta 2015 World Championships, becoming the first Indian woman to reach the final of the World Championships. She lost to Carolina Marin of Spain in the final after defeating Lindaweni Fanetri of Indonesia in the semi-finals.
– She won the gold medal at the Delhi 2010 Commonwealth Games, becoming the first Indian woman to win a gold medal in badminton. She defeated Wong Mew Choo of Malaysia in the final after defeating Susan Egelstaff of Scotland in the semi-finals.
– She won the gold medal at the Gold Coast 2018 Commonwealth Games, becoming the second Indian woman to win two gold medals in badminton. She defeated P.V. Sindhu of India in the final after defeating Kirsty Gilmour of Scotland in the semi-finals.
– She won 10 Super Series titles, the highest level of tournaments in badminton. Her first Super Series title was the Indonesia Open 2009, where she defeated Wang Lin of China in the final. Her most recent Super Series title was the India Open 2019, where she defeated He Bingjiao of China in the final.
Q: When and where was Saina Nehwal born?
A: Saina Nehwal was born on 17 March 1990 in Hisar, Haryana, India.
Q: Who are Saina Nehwal’s parents?
A: Saina Nehwal’s parents are Harvir Singh Nehwal and Usha Rani Nehwal. They are both former badminton players.
Q: Where does Saina Nehwal live and train?
A: Saina Nehwal lives and trains in Hyderabad, Telangana, India. She trains at the Gopichand Badminton Academy under Pullela Gopichand.
Q: What is Saina Nehwal’s ranking and highest ranking?
A: As of 7 February 2023, Saina Nehwal’s ranking is 27; her highest ranking was 1 on 2 April 2015.
Q: Is there a biopic on Saina Nehwal?
A: Yes, a biopic on Saina Nehwal titled ‘Saina,’ released on 26 March 2021. The film stars Parineeti Chopra as Saina Nehwal and Manav Kaul as Pullela Gopichand.
10 Lines on My Favourite Sportsperson
Here are 10 reasons why I love Messi and why you should too.
1. He is a genius with the ball. Messi has amazing skills, speed, vision, and creativity on the pitch. He can dribble past defenders, score goals from impossible angles, and create chances for his teammates. He makes football look easy and beautiful.
2. He is humble and respectful. Messi is not arrogant or boastful like some other players. He always respects his opponents, coaches, fans, and referees. He never complains or argues with anyone. He is a role model for young players and a gentleman on and off the field.
3. He is loyal and committed. Messi has been playing for Barcelona since he was 13 years old. He has never left the club or asked for a transfer. He loves Barcelona and considers it his home. He has also been playing for Argentina since he was 17 years old. He has always given his best for his country, despite facing criticism and pressure from some fans and media.
4. He is a leader and a winner. Messi is the captain of both Barcelona and Argentina. He leads by example and inspires his teammates with his performance and attitude. He has won many trophies and awards with both teams, including six Ballon d’Or, the most prestigious individual award in football.
5. He is charitable and generous. Messi has a big heart and cares about others. He has his foundation, which supports children’s education, health, and sports worldwide. He supports other causes and charities, such as UNICEF, Save the Children and Make-A-Wish Foundation.
6. He is family-oriented and down-to-earth. Messi is married to his childhood sweetheart, Antonella Roccuzzo, and they have three sons together. He is a devoted husband and father who spends time with his family whenever possible. He also keeps in touch with his friends from his hometown, Rosario, Argentina. He does not live a lavish or extravagant lifestyle but rather prefers simplicity and privacy.
7. He is passionate and hardworking. Messi loves football more than anything else. He plays with joy and enthusiasm every time he steps on the field. He also trains hard and constantly improves himself as a player. He never gives up or settles for less than his best.
8. He is versatile and adaptable. Messi can play in different positions and roles depending on the needs of his team. He can be a striker, a winger, a playmaker, or even a midfielder. He can also adjust to different play styles, whether fast or slow, direct or indirect, defensive or offensive.
9. He is consistent and reliable. Messi has been performing at the highest level for more than a decade. He has scored over 700 goals and assisted over 300 goals in his career so far. He has also broken many records and set new standards in football history. He always delivers when it matters most, especially in big games and tournaments.
10. He is unique and incomparable. Messi is a one-of-a-kind player with no equal or rival in the football world. His style and personality make him stand out from the rest. He is not just a footballer but an artist, magician, and legend.
These are the 10 reasons why I admire Messi so much and why he is my favourite sportsperson of all time. I hope you enjoyed reading this blog post and learned something new about him. If you are also a fan of Messi or have any questions or comments about him, please feel free to leave them below.
Q: When did Messi start playing football?
A: Messi started playing football at a local club called Grandoli in Rosario when he was five years old.
Q: What is Messi’s full name?
A: Messi’s full name is Lionel Andrés Messi Cuccittini.
Q: What are some of Messi’s nicknames?
A: Some of Messi’s nicknames are La Pulga (The Flea), Leo, Lio, El Mesías (The Messiah